Class 2 - Week 4 - 27/4/20 - 1/5/20
For those of you working and learning from home in these troubling times we are doing our very best to support and continue the education of all children. We hope that you will find the links and resources that we upload to these pages useful and that you will engage your children in lots of different learning opportunities. Above all, stay well and stay safe.
Week 4 -
Please continue working through the "Animal Carnival" booklet throughout this week.
Please find a link to the story, "The Bear and the Piano". Listen and discuss the story together and complete some of the activities outlined below. These activities are writing heavy as there were not many writing opportunities last week. You may choose to only focus on one of the activities and make it a longer piece of writing:
1. "One day, a bear cub finds something strange in the forest." Use this line from the book's blurb as the starting point for your own story.
2.Write a set of instructions to teach the bear how to play the piano.
3. Think of speech / thought bubbles to add to the illustrations of the bear.
4. Pause the story before the Bear leaves the forest. Make a list of arguments 'for' and 'against' the bear leaving the forest and going to the city (or when he is in the city thinking about going home again).
5. Create a postcard from the bear (when he arrives in the city) to his friends back in the forest.
6. Write a letter from the bear to his family at the point when he is recording albums and winning awards for his music.
7. Make a persuasive poster to encourage people to see the amazing bear perform.
8. Watch this video and think of some questions that you would like to ask David Litchfield: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=nclSb-MlAxo&feature=emb_logo
Follow the links below for video lessons provided by White Rose. Watch and pause the videos to discuss the maths.
Year 1 - Capacity
Year 2 - Fractions
Using apostrophes for possession.
Cross Curricular Project- (April 20th - May 22nd 2020)
School360 - Online learning for all subjects
Phonics Play - (works best on a tablet)
TTRockstars - Timestables practice
NumBots - Number fluency
Body Coach TV - Joe Wicks 30 minute PE lessons
SPaG - Classroom Secrets web games for spelling, punctuation and grammar
Stuck for something to do? Here are some excellent links to various online resources