For those of you working and learning from home in these troubling times we are doing our very best to support and continue the education of all children. We hope that you will find the links and resources that we upload to these pages useful and that you will engage your children in lots of different learning opportunities. Above all, stay well and stay safe.
Week 1 - Please make use of the learning packs that were sent home with your child last week.
Week 2 -
Here is the link to an excellent story that we have worked on in class: “Man on the Moon (a day in the life of Bob)” by Simon Bartram
There is no sound to the video, so it's a really good one to share with an adult.
Choose some of these activities below to complete this week:
1. Draw a picture of Bob and think of words to describe him. What questions would you like to ask Bob?
2.Design a poster advertising trips to the moon - how would you get there? What would you see and do?
3. Research Moon Facts and make a Fact File.
4. Create your own aliens - you could even make Top Trumps cards for each one
5. Design a meal for an astronaut
6. Write an invitation to the aliens inviting them to visit Earth. What would they be able to see and do? Make it sound as exciting as possible.
Don't forget to add some of your work on class dojo
Maths - Follow the links below to video lessons provided by White Rose. Watch and pause videos to discuss the maths. Either print the worksheet to go with it or get your child to draw and recreate some of the models shown (this is excellent for consolidating understanding).
Complete lessons 1-5 from Week 1.
Year 1 - Weght and Capacity
Year 2 - Fractions